Wednesday 10 April 2013

BYS Magenta stamped with Sally Hansen Pink Satin & China Glaze Passion

BYS Magenta stamped with Sally Hansen Pink Satin & China Glaze Passion

This is BYS Magenta (one of the color changing series), topped with Essie As Gold As It Gets (which is sadly not apparent here), stamped with Sally Hansen Pink Satin + BM206 and China Glaze Passion + BM313 and mattified with Rimmel.

I tried this polish out as I figured my nails were long enough to possibly see some gradient as the tips would be cooler in temperature. Please click read more if you want to see more pics of Magenta and my review.

I got BYS Magenta as I was intrigued by the color changing concept. However, the polish was difficult to apply, streaky and dried to a matte-ish kind of finish. Below was 3 coats and it was still uneven :(

BYS Magenta

So I added Essie As Gold As It Gets, a gold flakie clear polish, to try to help distract from the streakiness and a top coat helped as well. As for the color changing? There was just a slightest difference between the main part of the nail and the tips, which I tried to capture below.

BYS Magenta and Essie As Gold As It Gets

I then stuck my hand into the fridge for a while to try get a pic of it under cold conditions. Hope you can see it is slightly darker?

BYS Magenta and Essie As Gold As It Gets

The conclusion is that I didn't like using it and the color changing effects were hardly visible to me so this polish is gonna thrown into some dark corner :p I tried to play around with the stamping but wasn't too enthused and probably should have just removed everything in the first place, sigh.

But in any case, thanks for viewing!

Follow on Bloglovin