Sunday 31 March 2013

Rainbow gradient with Orly, Essence, BYS topped with OPI Lights of Emerald City & Pirouette My Whistle

Rainbow gradient with Orly, Essence, BYS topped with OPI Lights of Emerald City & Pirouette My Whistle

Happy Easter Sunday! Thought I would do a colorful mani for the occasion and hence the lengthy title :p

Used the following polishes, from left: Orly Prelude to a Kiss, Essence Peaches from Marble Mania, Essence Destination Sunshine from Ready for Boarding, Orly Jealous Much?, Essence Sure Azure and BYS Scented Pastel Purple

Rainbow polish orly essence bys

Below shows 2 coats before applying the gradients and glitter top coats.

Sure Azure is a light sky blue creme, Jealous Much a minty green creme, Destination Sunshine a pastel yellow creme (that doesn't clash with my skintone! :D), Peaches a pale orange jelly and Prelude to a Kiss a slightly peachy pink pastel. Destination Sunshine and Peaches will be better with 3 coats and Prelude to a Kiss probably as well since I found it quite streaky.

Orly Prelude to a Kiss, Essence Peaches from Marble Mania, Essence Destination Sunshine from Ready for Boarding, Orly Jealous Much?, Essence Sure Azure

After apply the gradients with sponge, I put a coat of OPI Pirouette my Whistle. The glitter added to the mani but the hexes were not distinct enough for my liking hence I added OPI Lights of Emerald City after that. This time I turned the bottle upside down and shook it furiously before trying to fish for the white squares :p I must say I like it very much over the pastel gradient, especially with the iridescent squares.

Think I will keep this on for a couple of days ;)

Thanks for viewing!

Follow on Bloglovin