Wednesday 20 March 2013

OPI Lights of Emerald City vs OPI Pirouette My Whistle

After the struggle with OPI Lights of Emerald City yesterday, I just wanted to provide a bottle shot and swatch comparing it against another OPI glitter in clear polish, Pirouette My Whistle, which is one of my favourite glitter topper and doesn't give me trouble with application.

Bottle shots: Left - Lights of Emerald City, Right - Pirouette My Whistle

OPI Lights of Emerald CityOPI Pirouette My Whistle

Swatch on Essence Galactic Black (I don't have a plain black actually so had to make do with one that has glitter): Left - Lights of Emerald City (LOEC), Right - Pirouette My Whistle (PMW)

OPI Lights of Emerald City vs OPI Pirouette My Whistle

I probably should have waited for the base to dry longer but in any case, I only managed to fish out the white squares if I don't try to scrap off the clear polish and I tried to push the squares around to position them, but in the process, I ended up in mixing the clear polish with the base and hence the murky look (>_<)

On the other hand, PMW could be applied normally. You might need to fish a little for the white hexes but it is not too difficult and you can spread the glitter out on your nail easily. The white hexes are smaller and not as opaque and stark like the squares in LOEC so it has a less jarring look as well.

Although LOEC might be more unique, overall I am much happier with PMW than LOEC.

Do you have them as well? Which do you prefer? :)

Follow on Bloglovin