Tuesday 19 March 2013

OPI Lights of Emerald City over Golden Rose minty jade green and China Glaze Cherish

OPI Lights of Emerald City over Golden Rose minty jade green and China Glaze Cherish

So here is the other glitter topper from my mini haul, OPI Lights of Emerald City. It's so pretty in the bottle but the application was tough! Much like the movie, I was kinda disappointed. As the white squares were so distinct, you had to get a number of them on the nail otherwise it would look weird but it was hard to fish them out. Most of the time, when I scraped the excess polish off, I ended up with only the iridescent squares. When I managed to fish the white squares out, it was with lots of clear polish so the surface became a little bumpy. Simply had a hard time getting an even distribution (>_<)

Anyway, I began with China Glaze Cherish, a metallic light green. Although metallics are normally 1 coaters, this is sheerer and definitely needs 2 coats if you are wearing it on its own. But I was planning just use this as a base to reduce the number of layers I had to put on for my sheer polish so it was fine.

China Glaze Cherish

After that I applied a layer of Golden Rose polish on it, a sheer minty jade green polish with hidden green shimmer which will take many coats to build up on its own, hence the need for Cherish. Btw, I couldn't find the name of this polish on the bottle :( Love the color,  maybe I will wear this again without the glitter ;)

Golden Rose minty jade green over China Glaze Cherish

I then applied 1 layer of OPI Lights of Emerald City (LOEC), a layer of Golden Rose, then another layer of LOEC before top coat.

The end result wasn't too bad but wish LOEC was easier to apply. If you have any tips on better application, do share!

Thanks for viewing!

Follow on Bloglovin