Thursday 28 March 2013

Essence Toffee to Go nude with colored tips and DIY nail decal

Essence Toffee to go with colored tips and DIY nail decal

Essence Toffee to go with colored tips and DIY nail decal

This is my favourite nude in my stash, Essence Toffee to Go! It matches my skin tone very well but doesn't look like mannequin hands and just gives a clean look. Probably the only fault would be that it is just a tad streaky. Above is 2 coats as I wanted to finish quickly and sleep :p After applying it, I think maybe I should get a back up :D

The tips are Orly Cotton Candy and Essence You Belong to Me.

For the strips, they are from cutting up a DIY polish decal. Previously I had painted on a plastic bag for a detailed design but I had to apply quite a thick polish coat as I found it difficult to peel it off otherwise. However, I found out by accident that it is VERY easy to get it out in one piece if you paint onto scotch tape. I was peeling off the Color Club Eternal Beauty vs Wild at Heart scotch tape when I realised it was falling off by itself and remained a complete piece without tearing. See below for what I mean.

DIY nail decal

You can cut it up or apply the whole piece on wet polish and with a top coat, it is firmly attached to your nails. The decal I did was a dry marbling with Orly Cotton Candy, Essence You Belong to Me and Essence Absolutely Blue. Thinking of getting patterned craft scissors so that the cut outs will be more interesting :)

Will you try this out as well?

Thanks for viewing!

Follow on Bloglovin