Sunday 17 February 2013

Newspaper transfer nails

I came across nails using the newspaper transfer technique and thought it was such a fun idea so I gave it a try. But instead of using the words, decided to use cartoon strips instead.

newspaper transfer orly


Colours used:
Base: Orly Prelude to a Kiss
Graphics: Newspaper cartoons

At that time, I somehow did not have any white polishes yet (o_o) and hence had to use my lightest creme polish which was Prelude to a Kiss. It was such a pain to apply and ended up streaky+uneven+messy so I was glad the comics could cover it up.

I chose the smaller characters and cut them out before soaking in rubbing alcohol. When the piece was soaked, I placed it on my nail and pressed down until it was less damp. Do make sure your base is dry otherwise the newspaper might get stuck.

As you can see, even the colours transferred fairly distinctly! It's a pity the base wasn't white, otherwise it should show up even better. My pinky and ring fingers were testers+bad placement, but my thumb is definitely my fav, the classic snoopy lying on top of mailbox. Btw, in case you are curious why isn't it black and white, our Sunday edition has coloured comics :D