Saturday 16 February 2013

Hot pink half moon using OPI Holland collection

This is actually my first half moon mani after seeing it on many blogs (the leopard print one in the first post was like half a year later). The reinforcement rings method works well for me but the only thing to note is to make sure your base coat is dry enough (sometimes even when it's dry to the touch, it is still not dry enough!), otherwise the reinforcement rings will rip the polish off :( The second layer also needs to be pretty opaque so that you can just apply and remove the rings quickly to achieve cleaner lines.

half moon OPI Pedal faster suzi kiss me on my tulips


Colours used were:
Half moon - OPI Pedal Faster Suzi
Main - OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips

Both are from OPI Holland Collection (I got the mini set) and I love both colors, especially since I didn't have many pinks at that time. The set also included Red Lights Ahead...Where? and I have a Herring Problem which were pretty too, but I found Red Lights Ahead...Where? a little thick while the other 3 applied smoothly.

I have another half moon mani coming up in a few posts, hope you wouldn't get too sick of them :p