Monday 18 February 2013

Essence Let's get lost and studs

I got into the stud trend due to the great stud manis by Nailasaurus.

essence let's get lost studs

Colors used:
Base - Essence Let's get lost
Studs from Born Pretty Store [free international shipping ;)]

Let's get lost was easy to apply and a perfect blue for a beach vacation that I wore it to :) I only applied one coat above but two would have been better as you can very faintly see the nail lines under strong light and it chipped quite easily. For the studs, I painted where I wanted the studs with clear polish, then dipped a toothpick in clear polish before picking up the stud and placing it. You will see that one of the studs was sunk in the blue polish and I believe I was trying to adjust the position too much and the polish wasn't dry enough.

Also, I found that I can pick out the studs from the cotton wool after removal and they would be silver as the polish remover would have removed the gold coating, so effectively I could reuse them and they are in another color as well! ;) But the pack from bornprettystore has quite a lot of studs in it, don't think I can finish them actually, haha....